Wednesday, March 11, 2009

MOD and Social Media - Like Red Wine and Steak!


The other evening I asked my 15 year old daughter to check her Gmail account as I was going to send her something to read. She replied, "I use FaceBook for email now." My 17 year old son tells me, "No one uses email anymore. Everyone just sends a text message."

Email among teens now lags behind Social Media sites such as FaceBook, Twitter and MySpace. With regards to FaceBook, check out the global growth graph on the left. The age group with the greatest growth is 35-49 year old males! Social Media and networking is booming in the business world with companies launching their own FaceBook sites and Twitter "follow-me" feeds.

This move to Social Media adds another exciting medium to the whole Marketing On-Demand engine. Companies better start understanding this medium and put their Social Media campaigns together real quick! Time flies, doesn't it?

0 comments: